Dissemination conference for the project HyTunnel-CS ( “Pre-normative research for safety of hydrogen driven vehicles and transport through tunnels and similar confined spaces”) will take place 14-15 July 2022, the Hotel, 38 Boulevard de Waterloo, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium.
The project aimed at performing pre-normative research for safety of hydrogen driven vehicles and transport through tunnels and similar confined spaces.
The project partners will present the project research outcomes including:
- Principles of inherently safer design of hydrogen vehicles for use in confined spaces;
- Results of experimental programme in large-scale real and scaled tunnels;
- Analytical and numerical models and engineering tools for assessment of thermal and pressure hazards developed in the project;
- Experimental and numerical studies on jet fire and blast wave interaction with tunnel structure;
- Examples of QRA analysis of hydrogen vehicles in tunnels and underground parking;
- Interaction of hydrogen vehicle fire and explosion with conventional tunnel safety systems;
- Breakthrough safety technology of explosion free in a fire TPRD-less tank;
- Major public deliverables, i.e.
- “Recommendations for inherently safer use of hydrogen vehicles in underground traffic systems”,
- “Recommendations for RCS”,
- “Harmonised recommendations on response to hydrogen accidents”.